I didn’t know what to do when they came
I could see the hesitation in their eyes
Before they spoke I knew of his demise
They didn’t even have to say a name
I never expected it to happen so soon
The fear that crept up in me was real
Why did this happen it wasn’t the deal
We had only just gotten married in June
I don’t know what I am to do with my life
This man was meant to be here next to me
The future looks so grim from where I stand
What will happen to all that we had planned
I will no longer be loved as his wife
For my days to end quickly is now my plea
So you've almost got an Italian sonnet here. The sestet rhyme scheme doesn't quite fit: c d c d c d
ReplyDeletec d d c d c
c d e c d e
c d e c e d
c d c e d c
BUT the situation is really powerful. And the volta or turn actually heartbreakingly moves from togetherness to "my life," which is super super sad. 10/10