Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Me: Hi mom sorry I missed your call. (iambic tetrameter)
Mom: Sure you are (sarcasm). I bet you were busy with Jack. (iambic tetrameter)
Me: No, I was actually getting ready for work. (iambic pentameter)
Mom: Ok. Well I was wondering if you were coming up this weekend. (iambic heptameter)
Me: I'm not sure yet. I need to find out my work schedule. (iambic tetrameter)
Mom: Ok. How is school going by the way? (iambic tetrameter)
Me: It's going good. I got an A on my patho exam Thursday. (hexameter)
Mom: Sweet. Only an A huh? (iambic dimeter)
Me: Ha ha, sorry to disappoint you. (iambic trimeter)
Mom: I am kidding, that is awesome. (iambic tetrameter)
Me: Thanks. Well, I gotta go or I'll be late for work. (iambic pentameter)
Mom: Ok, call me when you get home. (iambic trimeter)
Me: I will, I love you mom. (iambic trimeter)
Mom: Love you too. I will talk to you later. (iambic trimeter)

Most of the conversation was iambic, but the type of meter varied greatly.

1 comment:

  1. Scansion requires lots of practice. Let's take a look at your last line: "Love you too. I will talk to you later."

    Love (stress) you (unstressed) too (stress). I (stress) will (unstressed) talk (stressed) to you (unstressed unstressed) later (stressed unstressed).

    ReplyDelete